Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Knitting Without A Clue



Anyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I detest knitting..well I appear to detest knitting.  I love the look of knitted items but the amount of time it takes to create said item is a major turn off as well as the lack of viable tutorials and teaching aids on YouTube.  A couple of years ago a friend was at a yard sale and got a  Knitting For Dummies book for me; it was 25 cents.  When I got the book I tried
to follow along but seeing that I am a visual learner I got frustrated and put the book down.  Fast forward to 2 years later and I've opened the book again, not for instructions but as a guide to general learning.  On my own I've figured out the easiest way to cast on for me as well as how to knit and purl.  those three things are the extent of my knitting knowledge.  I am in fact a novice to the extreme but as a novice I have completed 2 items.  The first was a test and turned into a "hat".  I recreated the first item just larger successfully.  Neither of these things are perfect but I'm no longer shying away from knitting.  The next thing I need to learn is how to properly bind off because I have no clue to do it as well as increasing and decreasing stitches.  Check out the pictures below. :D

Items Used



Size 10.5 (6.5mm) Knitting Needles 
Red Heart Dove and Red Heart Shaded Browns












First Attempt At Knitting turned into a "preemie/newborn hat"















Second Attempt




No comments:

Post a Comment